ACALAN’s core projects are:
- Linguistic Atlas for Africa (LAA).
® To produce precise knowledge about the number of African languages, their interrelations and dialectical variations.
- Pan-African Master’s and PhD Programme in African Languages and Applied Linguistics (PANMAPAL)
® To train qualified linguists, language professionals, educators and other practitioners to become specialists in African languages.
- Pan-African School for Translation and Interpretation (PASTI).
® To Train young Africans in the profession of translation and interpretation so as to enable African languages become true working languages and languages of instruction in a multilingual context.
- Terminology and Lexicography (TLP).
® To train dictionary compilers and terminology developers; and provide research, support, counsel services in these fields in the major African languages.
- Stories Across Africa (SAA).
® To produce anthologies of stories for children to enjoy in their own languages as a means of instilling the culture of reading in them.
- African Languages and the Cyberspace (ALC).
® To promote African languages in the cyberspace and apply Human Language Technologies to them.